Thursday 20 December 2012

The Most Ginormous Santa EVER!

It snowed last night, the last night of one of my coworker's time here in China so it was a very surreal and bittersweet day yesterday.  She had an open house at her apartment so my roommate and I went and took a lot of free things from her apartment, such as her toaster oven (SCORE!), shampoo, soap, Chinese-English flash cards, maps of Shanghai (that'll come in handy!) and more.  We all went out to the bar to celebrate our time together and see her off and it had been snowing all day.  It has also been a trying time in some ways since our bosses literally just told us today and yesterday about a number of Christmas events we are required to attend and organize so we are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, trying to get things in order for our bosses and also keep on top of the UBC end of term assignments associated with the end of the work term.  Luckily I just finished that, but now I have more work to do, not to mention all the exams I'll have to mark next week.  Ugh.  But the snow is cheering us up.  Take a look at this!!
The snowy view from one of our windows in the apartment.

Walking through the snowy neighburhood.

You can see some of the escalators behind the Santa which will give you an idea of just how large he is!  

Laurel and I wearing our 3D glasses and being silly before Life of Pi begins.

MMMM I LOVE CHINESE POPCORN!  so sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment